Saturday 16 July 2011

4th of July

Ok, so this post is a little late. Every year New York puts on a firework display on the river (recently the Hudson, previously the East river). Apparently the best views are to be had from Hoboken, so Katy and I went over to watch it.

It was a spectacularly beautiful day again. On that note, I'm loving having a real summer where it's hot everyday, the hot-cold-hot-cold British summer is terrible by comparison. Whenever I leave New York that's probably the part I'll miss the most.



Huge, and they went on for ages. Five boats on the Hudson unleashed a simultaneous blitz of fire for 15 minutes. This was by far the largest and most spectacular show I've ever seen.



If you want to see it in future from where I stood I'd recommend going here:


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers